Description
The Church of San Filippo Neri stands alone along the pass at the foot of the town of Ospedaletto. This is a well-preserved building, built in 1667 by the fathers of the Oratory then living at Santa Maria Maddalena in Norcia.
The exterior has been restored and is covered by a gabled stone roof, with a window and a stone door bearing an inscription. There are two side windows with iron gratings and kneeler steps for wayfarers. Beyond the grating, and still intact, is the hole for alms with a small wooden flap. The wooden altar with twisted columns is decorated with a painting dedicated to St. Philip Neri with 16 small scenes of his life. The plinths bear the name of the carpenter, Antonio Marela of Norcia, who made it in 1670, and it was gilded in 1678.
The side walls have two twin altars from the end of the 17th century, the first decorated with a Trinity, the second with the Saints Scholastica, Emidio and Benedict (paintings). In 1695, a dedication was placed above the sacristy door by a member of the Oratory, Marino Vittazzi, to the founder of the Church, Luciano Marinucci of Norcia.